The Sci-Fi Chat Podcast is a series of short video conversations between myself and science-fiction author Jennifer Kirk. Each episode sees us tackle a specific topic revolving around science fiction.
Viewers are welcome to submit topics for us to discuss; and we’ll tackle each one in an episode all to itself. We upload on a regular schedule of two videos per week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Each episode varies in length (with the first two being 25-minute test episodes) but are usually around the 5 minute mark; making them perfect for a quick watch over breakfast or on a lunch break.
The Sci-Fi Chat Podcast is available for free on YouTube and you can also watch the entire series here, via the playlist below.
Individual episodes are also listed below, so you can jump to any topic you fancy:
- Going to Mars
- Do You Live In A Simulated Reality?
- What Sci-Fi Themes Are There In Video Games?
- What’s the difference between Dystopia and Cyberpunk?
- Who is your favourite sci fi author and why?
- Does the best writer in Sci Fi change over time?
- YouTube Success Won’t Pay The Bills?
- Did Free Content Kill Paying Customers?
- What Do We Think of Doctor Who?
- Did HG Wells, Isaac Asimov and Jules Verne Invent Science Fiction?
- Are You A Cyborg?
- Which Bands or Artists Influence or are Influenced By Science Fiction?
- Does Sci-Fi Ever Stop Being Sci-Fi?
- Which Sci-Fi Novel Blew Your Mind When You First Read It?
- Can A Film Ever Be Better Than The Book?
- Does 2001 Get Book To Film Conversions Right?
- Does Real A.I. Have A Right To Life?
- How Old Is Crowd Funding?
- Is James Bond Science Fiction?
- Are there rules to Science Fiction?
- What Science Fiction Concepts Do Authors No Longer Have To Explain?
- How To Collect Books And What To Avoid
- Why Do Young People Not Have Hobbies Any More?
- Has The Internet Made It Harder For New Artists To Be Discovered?
- Thomas and Friends and Thundercats Roar
- Does Binge Watching Change How We Perceive A Story?
- How can we solve the Fermi Paradox?