I’ve finally narrowed down the list of stories for series two of Reading The Weird, the YouTube show in which I read short sci-fi/horror/weird tales stories. The new series will begin filming soon, probably in the next two weeks. I’m looking forward to getting started on this again, as it’s a lot of fun.
The shortlist is a mixture of old classics with a couple of modern stories, partly as a way of showing how the weird tale has changed over the years, and partly because Jenny agreed to let me read one of her stories for the show. I will be reading the following stories, probably in this order:
Edit: Those stories that now have episodes in the series are now linked to.
- Oh, Whistle. and I’ll Come To You, My Lad – M.R. James
- The Fall of The House of Usher – Edgar Allen Poe
- Bringing Home The Stars (the opening short story) – Jennifer Kirk
- The Case of Charles Dexter Ward – H.P. Lovecraft
- The Final Report of James Graham – by me
- A True Story – by Lucian of Samosata
There may be time in the schedule to record a sixth story so if there’s a particular tale you would love to hear read out on the show, let me know.